with white chocolate and spicy chili milk chocolate guacamole.
Chili Milk Chocolate Cream
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
6 ounces milk chocolate
Pinch chili powder
1 2/3 cups heavy cream
6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
2 soft avocados, pitted and peeled
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
5 strawberries, diced
1 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus 6 tablespoons
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
7 large egg whites, room temperature
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
1 cup shredded coconut, lightly toasted
- Make the chili milk chocolate cream. Bring the cream to a simmer, then pour over the milk chocolate and chili powder in a heatproof bowl. Let sit until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute, then mix until smooth. Chill for 1 hour.
- Make the chocolate guacamole. Bring the cream to a simmer and pour over the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Let sit until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute, then stir until smooth. Let cool.
- Puree the avocados, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Add to the white chocolate ganache, mixing until smooth. Gently add the chopped strawberries.
- Make the tortilla chips. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with bakers’ Silpat. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar with a handheld mixer. Add the egg whites and continue beating until the mixture is whipped high and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Mix in the flour until just combined. Gently fold in the nuts.
- Pipe or spoon the egg white mixture onto the prepared sheet in triangles about 2 inches long and 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle lightly with the toasted coconut.Bake until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- Serve a basket of tortilla chips with one bowl of guacamole and one bowl of chili milk chocolate cream.
Quantity: 4 servings