with lychees, tempting vodka mandarin, and a peanut brittle fantasy
20 ice cubes
12 lychees, shelled and seeded
1/2 cup tequila
1/4 cup mandarin vodka
Juice of 3 to 4 limes, freshly squeezed
Salty chocolate Peanut Brittle (recipe below), for serving
Place the ice, lychees, tequila, vodka, and lime juice in
a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with pieces
of the peanut brittle.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings.
Salty Chocolate Peanut Brittles
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups salted roasted peanuts plus more for topping
6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
Good-quality sea salt, to taste
- Line a baking sheet with lightly buttered parchment paper and set aside on a heatproof surface.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan with a candy thermometer attached, melt the butter and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally with a heatproof spatula. Continue stirring until the mixture is golden brown and measures 300°F on the thermometer.
- Careful so as not to splatter, stir in the peanuts. Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, using the spatula to spread the toffee evenly over the paper.
- Let the toffee harden 1 minute before topping with the milk chocolate. Let the chocolate melt, about 1 minute, then spread to coat the toffee.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and more peanuts. Chill at least 45 minutes before serving.
Quantity: 12 servings