made of 70 percent dark chocolate thoughts
3 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup heavy cream
2 pounds dark (preferably 70 percent) chocolate, roughly
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 large eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 13 by 18-inch jelly-roll pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the butter and cream to a boil. Pour over the chocolate in a large heatproof bowl. Let sit until the chocolate begins to melt, about 1 minute, then stir until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Add the vanilla to the cooled chocolate mixture. Whisk in the eggs one by one, followed by the sugar.
- Sift 3/4 cup flour with the salt, and stir into the chocolate mixture using a wooden spoon. Mix until fully incorporated. Toss the walnuts with the remaining 1/4 cup flour and mix into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean, 28 to 30 minutes. Let cool, then wrap and refrigerate overnight for the fudgiest texture.
Quantity: 20 to 25 brownies